Thursday, June 19, 2008

A little song to remember the trip by...

By Zachary Kineke

(To the tune of "Lola" by the Kinks)

You'll find it in a country called Qatar
where you won't get shot but you'll get hit by a car, oh, my Doha, D-O-H-A Doha
Where some people are rich, and some others are mean,
and the other half is coming from the Phillipines to my Doha, D-O-H-A Doha, Do, do, do, do, Doha

Where the sun is hot, and the air's really dry,
and you can walk if you want, but you're going to fry, in my Doha, Do, do, do, do, Doha
Well I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why the Olympics would be held inside this hot, hot land
Oh my Doha, Do, do, do, do, Doha, Do, do, do, do, Doha

It don't help much if you speak Arabic,
cause with Urdu and Bengali, here it ain't worth a frick.
The hotel bars can be a bit hard to find,
and if you wear your sandals you'll get kicked out of line.

Well, I'm not the world's most classy guy,
but when I don't get in a bar I get a little bit mad at my
Doha, Do, do, do, do, Doha, Do, do, do, do, Doha
Doha, Do, do, do, do, Doha, Do, do, do, do, Doha

We got on the bus
We picked up the girls
We stopped at the mall
And always were late
But think of all those free meals we ate-

And that's the way that I want it to stay
So I can eat at once what I'd eat in a day in my Doha
Do, do, do, do, Doha
Life might suck when the curfew's at eight,
but at least you don't miss much cause night life's not so great in my Doha
Do, do, do, do, Doha

Well, we'd left Cairo just a week before
and the city seemed like just a bit of a bore
And first impressions, they are right, you know,
Besides the driving, life in Doha is pretty slow.

Well it's not the world's most exciting space
But in my heart, there will always be a hot dusty place
For my Doha
Doha, Do, do, do, do, Doha, Do, do, do, do, Doha
Doha, Do, do, do, do, Doha, Do, do, do, do, Doha

Admin note - for those of you who aren't familiar with the original song by The Kinks, here it is:

No comments: